i am currently hosting my music here for FREE / NAME YOUR PRICE...
and this is possible because i am using patreon, a new crowd-support platform
now housing thousands of my listeners who believe in direct arts patronage!
if you are hard up and can't afford to download this, PLEASE TAKE IT FOR FREE.
if you're a one-time listener and would like to donate, please consider dropping a dollar or more in the blank box.
if you're a supporter of my patreon: take what you want, and THANK YOU!!!
YOU ARE WHAT MAKES ALL THIS FREE CONTENT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE ELSE!
to support my patreon, where you can hang me with me, the community, and get special webcasts, blogs
and other Things I Make , go here: www.patreon.com/amandapalmer
A never-before-heard mix and remaster, fresh for the new year.
Watch the video - the debut of The Grand Theft Orchestra - at bit.ly/PollyYT
Read Amanda's blog about…
• The recording of the song: bit.ly/PollyBlog
• The making-of the video: bit.ly/PollyBlog2
Visit The Huffington Post for a short interview with AFP as to why she chose to cover "Polly" at huff.to/AFPpolly
PLEASE NOTE: Normally we offer music as free+donation but due to licensing fees (since it is a cover song), the minimum donation is 50¢
released February 7, 2012
Written by Kurt Cobain
Originally performed by Nirvana
Performed by Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra:
• Amanda Palmer: Vocals, celeste, glockenspiel, Taurus bass pedal pedal-stepping
• Chad Raines: Banjo, triangle, tubular bells, Taurus bass pedal knob-fiddling
• Michael McQuilken: Electric bass, bass drum, sample-hunter, aquaphone, random-sample-sound-wizard, and engineer
Produced by Michael McQuilken
Engineered by Chad Raines
Single Cover Artwork:
• Photo by Amanda Palmer
• Layout/Design by Michael McQuilken
This original version of this track appeared on SPIN Magazine's "Newermind" - a digital tribute-compilation honoring the 20th anniversary of "Nevermind"